Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Kaleb's first day of kindergarten!!!

Kaleb and Mrs. Bastian
Jake picking up Kaleb after school

Kaleb's table


Waiting in line for his first day!


It was so fun seeing Kaleb off to kindergarten! I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be. I am more excited for him than sad for me. Maybe if I wasn't having a baby in less than 4 months, I'd be sad??? I was really only sad to see Jake go to kindergarten. He was the hardest for me to let go. Jaycee and Kaleb went to school, I was happy for them. I know that school is so good for them. It is good for them to learn and make friends and experience new things. Plus I love being there as much as I can helping with the classes!

Kaleb was really nervous for his first day. He really wanted to stay on the "green card" and didn't think he knew how. The cards are a way to discipline the kids. Green is good, Yellow is warning, Orange is time out and Red is Call your parents! We went to the school and luckily got to see Jake at his lunch break. I asked Jake to talk to Kaleb about how to keep on the green card. Jake was really cute with Kaleb and told him to not talk to his friends and be nice and listen. It was a sweet moment. Kaleb came home that day with a huge smile saying, "I stayed on the green card Mom!!" Not that I was surprised but I was happy that he loved his first day so much.

4 comments:

Drake Family said...

How fun for Kaleb to be big like Jake and Jaycee now. What are you going to do with all this time on your hands until the baby comes?!? How fun that "ms. Ellet" was able to come back to East after all the teach. I am sure Kaleb will love being in her class. (Jagger had Mrs. Skaggs, but talked about both quite highly.)

Hopie said...

Awww.... what a big kid!!! Seriously, look how tall he is compared to the others!!! Both of my kids in Kindergarten would announce as soon as I got them from school, "MOM, I STAYED ON GREEEEEEN!!!!". Fun times!!!

Aletha and Brian said...

Glad he had a good first day. He is such a sweetie!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

WOW... he is so handsome!

My kid is a giant also! but it makes for finding them easier! :)