Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

I don't have any pictures but I thought I'd journal about my weekend. Wednesday was a crazy day at the kids school with activities and fun stuff. Jaycee had a little program she performed in. She was so excited to ''be on stage''. She is such a cutie and I was teary eyed and proud to watch her sing. Kaleb also had a little Thanksgiving feaste with his class that I went and helped with. Jaycee and my niece Brynlee came to help too. It was cute. They had Indian outfits they made and Kaleb was so excited about it.

Wednesday evening we headed up to Pine Valley to my parents house to stay the weekend. My brothers Bob, Brian and Chris were all there with their families. I don't get to see Chris, Julie and Carter very often so it was fun to see what cute parents they are to their adorably busy little boy.

Thanksgiving dinner was delicious!! We ate all weekend long non stop!! We probably made 15 pies or more. I was worried about what the scale would read this morning!! Hahaha My niece Mikayla was able to come sleep over on Thursday night. I miss her so much!! We played cards all night long and laughed and ate. It was the best.

We ended the weekend by attending the Pine Valley ward. Everytime I go to this ward I am filled with much inspiration. I loved the talks and lessons. The members of the Pine Valley ward are always so warm and welcoming.

What a great weekend it has been. It snowed and Kaleb was REALLY excited about that because he has been asking me for a month now when it is going to snow. Haha I was really happy to get home though. It is always nice to sleep in your own bed and get to have a nice LONG bath. I'm sure my parents are enjoying the peace and quiet.

We sure missed Cindy, Annalee and Bret and their families this year. I still haven't met my new little niece Myla but I bet she is just precious!! Thanks to Mom and Dad for the hospitality. We love you so much!!

2 comments:

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Sounds great....how great to be 4 weeks away from your own little person again! I am excited for you and hope that somehow you sleep......you are amazing for doing this and at such a busy time....but maybe this is the most appropriate time to get ready for a little one! lots of love,
Cindy

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

Sounds great....how great to be 4 weeks away from your own little person again! I am excited for you and hope that somehow you sleep......you are amazing for doing this and at such a busy time....but maybe this is the most appropriate time to get ready for a little one! lots of love,
Cindy