Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What the Heat????

I love this picture of Jason and I. It was taken in November of 2005 I think. I lost about 40 pounds and felt so good. I swore I'd never go back...... then life happened.... again. ha ha ha


I not ready for it to be 115 degrees yet! Are you? I need to get up in the mountains asap. It is weird how it just all the sudden hits. How are we going to keep these kids entertained for another 53 days (yes, I am counting) until school is back in? Hmmmmm. I think I forget how HOT it really gets here in good Ol' St. George. I do love it here though.


Now that the kids are getting older, I find myself bored. How can a Mother feel bored you say? We'll I don't know. I could clean, but I don't want to. I could exercise but the kids are too old to like the daycare yet to young to stay home. I need to get scrapbooking. I love to scrapbook and haven't done it for a while. I could get a good book to read???? I love blogging. I look forward to read all of your blogs and be inspired. I love the support I feel and can give to others. It is a great thing for me.


I just got called as the Relief Society chorister. I know I am musical and all but sometimes I want a change. I am kinda bummed. I really wish I could be in Primary or Young Women's Presidency. I know that would be a huge commitment but that is what I need right now to get me pushing myself to accomplish things and to serve. Do I say something or do I just pray for it and have faith that Heavenly Father will send me where I am most needed? I am just at a stand still in my life right now. I need something to look forward to. I realize that when I am busy and driven, I don't think about eating.
I love the blog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Dacia said...

I love your blog! I don't miss the heat but we do miss having friends close by. We need to go hang out at Veyo! I'm sure that you'll find something inspiring in your calling. My most stressful and most worthwhile calling was in scouts. I couldn't figure out why they would call an inactive single mom with 2 GIRLS to do scouts. My non-member friend moved into our neighborhood and her son joined scouts. From him we had more non-member kids join our group. I remember asking some of the parents if it was okay if their kid prayed at our activities. From there we even had one of the boy's family start taking missionary discussions. I know that my friend's son would have never done scouts if I wouldn't have been the leader. I also did it with my SIL and came to really love and appreciate her in ways I never would have before.Sometimes we may not really fully understand why we are called to do something but there is a purpose. We may not ever even know the purpose but I know that there is one. BTW I love scrapbooking. If we ever move back to St. George I want to get a scrapbooking group together again.

Lacey said...

Aleisha, I think I've already said this before...but I so wish I lived next door to you!! We sound so much alike. I could just copy this post onto my blog!!
Aren't you going to Mesquite?? You can look forward to that!!

Drake Family said...

I totally love your blog and your honesty. Amen to all that you said. I was just thinking last night how in the summer, everything goes to pot. I have had little motivation lately, mainly cuz I feel as though I have already checked out here. I have been feeling guilty about being a "bad mom" cuz I haven't been able to entertain my kids 24-7. Summers are hard sometimes and yet I love having the freedom to do whatever whenever. Good luck with your calling. You will do great and I am sure the calling that you want will come when it is the right time for you. BTW, I do love the pic. of you and Jason...co cute!

jeny said...

be careful what you wish for...it is SO true that you are called to a calling for a reason. it may not even be to benefit you...but maybe someone else. Love Ya!

Nathan and Amy said...

Hey... let's get together, ya, ya, ya. Two is much more fun than one. Have you checked out the new rec. center? Let's go swimming. Not next week however, we will be in the cool mountain. Let's plan something for the week after that. OK? We could even go to my Mom's pool (it's free :-)). I HATE THE HEAT!!!!! Why oh why do I live in St. George?!?

Unknown said...

Doesn't it seem that once you get a calling it kind of repeats itself over and over. I've moved a ton of times and I always get the same 2 callings. Funny isn't it! Gotta love it though!