I have been really busy lately but I realize that I am happy when I am busy. I don't get so down on myself. I have been doing a lot of things since school started.
First of all I am in The Secret Garden which you all know by now. It has been such a fun experience. Most people don't understand how fullfilling it is to be involved and help a play come together and get satisfaction out of being part of something. I am so grateful for the friends I make. It is so much fun. I found that lots of the people who love theater, love to have fun too. They are so funny. I laugh so much at the Theater. I love it. I can't even explain how it feels to me. I have been involved in Musical Theater since 1988. It is something I have loved for a long time.
I am also the new director for the "Marvin and Jesse" plays at my kids school. They want me to put on one per month. It is a low key skit with very little props and the kids can read out of their scripts. They teach different attitudes and they are funny. The kids love them. Jake and Jaycee are both going to be in it this month. I am excited for them. Jake is really shy so I hope it all turns out. He is not into theater at all but he really wanted to play the wolf in this little skit so I was happy to let him have that experience. Jaycee loves the theater but she is going to play a girl scout who gets her feelings hurt and she has a hard time not smiling and giggling the whole time. It is going to be cute.
I am also helping with a Kids Theater Class (Center stage) for SGMT with my Mom on Mondays. I am trading my help so that Jaycee can attend the Centter stage class too. She loves it. She is going to be in "The Sleeping Beauty for Kids" in December.
You won't believe this but I was also asked to be in a skit for our Relief Society too. We will perform that in October. How funny is that?
For once in my life, my world is surrounded with things that I love and that fulfill me. I am doing all of this in service without pay but I feel so good. I am happier. I am getting to the gym 4 days a week. I am busy and not so focused on food all the time. I hope this is something that can continue. I just wish that Jason could get his business going so he can be happy too. I think it is hard for him to see me happy when he is so miserable. I know he wants me to be happy but I wish we knew how to make it so we both are happy. Jason is going to go fishing this weekend and he loves that. I am always encouraging him to do things like that. He needs to have some enjoyment in his life and not just all work. We'll get there.
I am just so grateful that I can be a Mom. That is the most satisfying of all. I am such a better Mom when I am happy. My kids are everything to me. They make me so proud. Jaycee goes with me to the Theater all the time so she and I have spent lots of time together. Kaleb and I have every afternoon together to play and have one on one. Jake is so much fun to talk to at night. I love to go in his room and talk about his day and his dreams. He is more of a homebody that likes to play his games and be on the computer so I appreciate all the time I get with him. I am so lucky.
4 comments:
Aleish - I just want you to know how much I appreciate your comments and espacially your honesty!! I can relate to the pain of seeing your husband down, it's hard when you love someone SO much - to see them hurt and know you can't fix it!! I think you are SO talented - you are a great person! I'd give my arm for 1/2 of your talent! I'd LOVE to do what you do - it's amazing!! Keep up the positivity - you are GREAT!!
I totally relate to how you feel so happy doing theater. It is such a part of who I am. I love how theater people (for the most part) are so accepting so I can just be completely relaxed and not worry about them judging me. I laugh so much too! It is going to be hard to take a break from it while I focus on my house, but I will be back!!
I really hope Jason can find that happpiness he seems to be lacking right now. It is always hard when your spouse isn't experiencing joy when you are. Good luck with the new business, that is awesome! I really hope it takes off for you guys!
Can't wait to see you in Secret Garden! :)
You make me think, stop and remember my blessings. I love how you can see through the cloudy lenses that are created by the dust flying from everything going on around us, and appreciate what is really there! Thanks!
You deserve to be happy! I still need to find a time that I can go to the Secret Garden but I definitely will have to go. You are such a sweet and talented person! It's nice to see things so good for you. ;)
Post a Comment