Friday, May 7, 2010

Post overload

I have been such a blogging slacker. So I decided to take a few hours and get the blog caught up. I thought I would do a little update since I haven't written for quite a while. First of all things are going pretty good for our family. Work is still slow but we are still plugging along, staying out of debt and trying to keep up on all the bills. Jason is still working at Slater and doing lawn maintenance and landscaping on the side. Slaters is really slow till about July. Jason is starting to pick up more work and it is great but also stressful for him.

I have been finally starting back to the gym. I have been good at staying away from sugar most of the time which is good. I have had a GREAT support system. I am going to a trainer and have a group of girls that I am working out with at 5am in the morn... It isn't always so much fun but I know it is really good for me. I am slowly trying to learn how to cook healthy and make my weightloss a slower but more permanent deal. I have a long ways to go but I think I will get there with all the help I have been given. I am getting really excited about summer. I cant wait to be able to work out and then go back to sleep a couple days a week!!! It will be so nice.

Jake is getting pretty excited about 6th grade. He is going to Tonaquint Intermediate school next year. It is going to be so weird to have him at a different school. Jake has made some good friends this year and I am really proud of the boy he has turned into. Jake is still so obedient and sweet to me. He is getting really good at the piano and will soon be done with book one of the suzuki piano program. He is going to have a little concert to celebrate his book one accomplishments. He isn't very excited about performing in front of everyone but hopefully he enjoys it once he is done. Jake has really surprised me how he takes care of Ethan, He learned how to make bottles and loves to take him for walks and takes care of him when Jaycee won't. I really appreciate his help.

Jaycee is still having a few tummy aches but has been infection free for a while now. She went to the Primary Childrens hospital for some tests and they confirmed that she does have reflux from her bladder to her kidneys and she will have surgery to fix it on June 18th. She is very brave and doesn't act too nervous about it yet. We'll see how she feels as it grows closer. Jaycee is such a great big sister to Ethan still. We moved Ethan into Jaycee's room with her and it has worked out really good so far. Jaycee is really sweet to share her room with Ethan. He loves her.

Kaleb is just as sweet as ever. He is improving in his schooling SO MUCH. He just went in for his testing and he did really good compared to his first test before school started. I am sure going to miss him when he goes to 1st grade all day long next year. It has been fun to have one on one with him for a while now. He is loving every minute with Ethan. He is the one who gets SO excited when Ethan does anything new.

Ethan is our family center right now. I just love how he has brought our family even closer than we already were. I love how we all gather around him with love and smiles and just love every single moment we have with him. Ethan is smiling and laughing. He is exactly what I would have ordered!! I don't want him to get bigger but it is so much fun to see him smile when I talk to him and coo when I sing to him.

Life is good. I am so lucky to have 4 wonderful children and a wonderful hardworking husband. We have a great family and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

2 comments:

Aletha and Brian said...

Love all of the posts! I might have to steal some of those pictures! Excited to see you in June, you are going to the reunion, right?!

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

Sounds like things are going great for your family, happy to hear it! I loved all the pictures! I can't wait to meet Ethan, I can't believe I still haven't been able to!