A couple of weeks ago we lost Joy. She was let out to go to the bathroom and the gate was accidentally left open. Within 10 minutes she was gone. It was so strange because she normally wouldn't run off. Our family was desperately looking for her. I was in tears thinking about how much my kids would hurt of we didn't find her.
Jason came home from work and gathered or family together in a prayer. He said he felt strongly that jake should be the one to offer the prayer. Jake lead us in a wonderful prayer while expressing gratitude for his siblings and family and also the time we had with Joy. It was beautiful. Immediately I had this feeling she was happy and being taken care of. I still was panicked and kept calling every where and posting on every possible website.
Everyone was sad. I was broken hearted for my children. It was 4:00 when we lost her. At about 11 pm we got a knock on the door. It was our neighbor Joey. He told us his partner saw her roaming and took her in their house so she wouldn't get hit by a car. I just hugged joey and told him thank you. It was a precious moment. I immediately remembered what the spirit whispered to me about joy being happy and being taken care of.
When Ethan woke up to Joy being home he said, "Heavenly Father brought her back to us. ". Oh the faith of this little boy is amazing.
I never really wanted a house dog but this dog has been such a blessing to our home. She is the best friend to each of my kids. She always loves them and plays with them. I am grateful for her.




No comments:
Post a Comment