Friday, March 20, 2009

Slacker

I decided to put some before and after pics for my family and friends that don't get to see me very often. For the first almost 25 pounds I've lost. I really can't believe I'm doing this because it probably doesn't seem like a lot to everyone but I honestly feel so different already. This is a huge accomplishment for me. I mean, I have dieted before but I have never gone more than 2 days without sugar and 0 days without carbs... I am learning a whole new way to eat. I will be going on a maintenance plan for 6 weeks and then I'll start the strict diet again. Three more times and I should be at my goal......
Before:after....


Before, I know it is really cute!!

This is me today......I still have 80 pounds to lose so I don't look ANYTHING like a model but I am making progress and I know that I WILL get to my goal by the end of October. Then hopefully I can make some more cute babies!!! :)

I am such a slacker on my blog lately!! I feel so bad because I really love to blog but I am just not getting to it. Probably the biggest reason I haven't blogged is that I haven't done anything interesting. Since I have been dieting, my life is much more boring. Now that it is warming up though, I hope to do lots more things with the kids. Good news Jason has a job now and he is picking up side jobs also. I am SO THANKFUL!! I am thankful to be out of debt and I am hoping to be able to put money in savings for the first time in our marriage. I am going to prepare for hard times when we are able to make some extra money. I really want to be successful. I want to buy a house again someday.



Jake, Jaycee and Kaleb are all doing good. I love having them home. They have been fighting a little more than usual though. They get along really good for the most part. Jake is working on a science project and is working on his bear badge for scouts.



I am doing really good. I can't believe I have stuck with this diet as well as I have. I am dealing with so many emotions now. I can't believe how much I was truely ADDICTED to food and eating. Now, I am on 35 days off of sugar and carbs. I am learning a lot more about cooking and spices. I have been enjoying the food much more now that I can spice them right. I think my food is actually pretty good now. I have lost a total of 24.5 pounds now. I had my first 2 people notice and my clothes are getting looser and looser. It took a while because my clothes were getting REALLY TIGHT before I started this so it is taken this long to have them be loose... hahaha Today when I came out of the bedroom after I got dressed Jake said, "Mom, you really are getting skinny!!!" It made me proud that I have actually done something I said I would even when it got hard. I am looking into starting up a new business too. I would love to feel like I am doing my part to take care of my family. I really think this year is going to be a great one for Jason and I. I'll let you all know more about the business when I learn more and decide for sure... Love you all!!!

.

13 comments:

Aletha and Brian said...

WOW! You look GREAT!!! I am so proud of you, I don't know many people that could do what you are doing right now, you are so STRONG! GO LEISH!!!

czstephensfam said...

Wahoo!! I can see the changes! Not only on your face and your body, but in your countenance! Great job girly, I am proud. :D

Kristin said...

You are looking great, Aleisha. Congratulations!

Derek, Kenzee and Gage said...

Aleisha you look so good!! Congratulations on being so dedicated, that is awesome. I'm so glad to hear your cute family is doing so well, and that work is coming better. I'm excited to hear about your potential business!

*Aliese* said...

That's incredible! Way to go. And tell your husband not to worry, Darrin is planning on calling him in the near future now that the weather's becomin' more stable. :)

Kena said...

Impressive...seriously that's amazing!

Dacia said...

You are doing so awesome! I love that you are not just treating it as a diet but as a lifestyle change and learning new ways to eat. That means that it just won't go back after you're done like a diet. You are inspiring me to get busy and... You totally rock! Yes, yes, yes you do!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Seriously SOOOO Amazing Aleisha! YOua re so brave to put up your photos...I still haven't done that!

But I do love how you have a whole sense of how to eat...and that you don't have to eat boring if you mix the right spices! :)

Keept it up!

Unknown said...

Way to go...you look amazing! And good luck with the business!

Nathan and Amy said...

You are doing amazing!!! And you look soooo good. Yay!!!!! You go girl! :-)

Tamari said...

You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing, I just think the world of you and your family! :)

russandkatie said...

you sound so good in this post, keep up the good work!!!

Don and Dawna said...

Way to go!!! And I know you have even lost more now.

Thanks for riding with me to Bret's. I'm doing fine but very tired.

What's this business bit? I thought you told your mother everything?

MOM
PS. I'm very proud of you.