Saturday, July 16, 2011

Jaycee the Mermaid

While other 9 year old girls are playing with friends or barbies or whatever.... my nine year old is sewing. She started learning from her talented Grandma Kenworthy and has taken a great interest in it.I told Jaycee we were going to go to Veyo Pool. She has been really into a show with Mermaids lately so she has been searching on the internet to find out how to make her very own mermaid tail to swim in. A few hours before we leave I hear Jaycee in her room sewing with her music on full blast... (usually Justin Bieber) :)


She even had to sew part of it by hand.


She also ate a canaloupe and decided to cut holes in it and make herself a cantalope bra!!!!

When we g0t to the pool I had NO IDEA what to expect because she hadn't shown the tail to me since she just made it. She was kinda nervous that people would think she was weird to wear it to the pool. She decided to go ahead and try her new mermaid tail out.

I was SHOCKED to see how awesome it turned out. She had absolutely NO HELP or ideas from me. She is definately her grandmas girl.







Jaycee was somewhat of a celebrity at Veyo Pool. She was the mermaid that everyone wanted to swim with. I am so proud!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's really impressive!