Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Jaycee's hospital stay

What a crazy past few days it has been. Jaycee all the sudden woke up with a bad tummy ache on Friday so we went to instacare. They said she had a UTI (Urinary tract infection). They gave us an antibiotic and said to call if she doesn't get better. Sunday morning Jaycee had 103 fever and throwing up. I got her to the ER asap. They checked her blood and urine and decided to hospitalize her since the infection was pretty bad. Her white blood cell count was not good.

We originally thought she'd only stay one night and that was sad but managable but when she fevered at 104 on Monday morning, they said she needed to stay one more night just in case. Jaycee was devistated. She was such a brave girl. It was so hard not being able to do anything for her. I felt so helpless. I wish I could have taken her place.

Jason and I took turns taking care of Jaycee and Ethan. Jason was SO WONDERFUL. He helped me so much. He took Monday off and he watched Ethan during day and slept with Jaycee at the hospital each night. Jaycee LOVED having her Daddy with her. He brought her flowers and would tease with her just like he always does. Jaycee loved every minute of it and wasn't hesitating to say that Dad was her favorite person to be with at the hospital. She doesn't get to have her Dad to herself very much. I am so grateful that Jason is the kind of Dad who will drop everything for his family. He is so good with the baby too. He has never been nervous with our infants. He is born to be a Dad.

I was lucky that the hospital had a breast pump so Jason could feed Ethan bottles and I could pump when I was at hospital.

Anyway, Jaycee is doing good now. thank goodness that Grandma Black sent her a gift with a stuffed cat Jaycee named ''Whiskers''. Jas sent me the picture of her cuddling with 'whiskers' sleeping. It was so sweet. Thanks to Ronalee for that. Jaycee needed that.

I am so grateful for my family. I knew Jaycee would be fine but the thought always crosses your mind- 'What if I lose her' I can't imagine losing one of my kids or having to watch them suffer in the hospital. While I was in the hospital trying to console Jaycee, I thought of my good friend Lacy Newby Franke and her husband who had to watch their young son go thru chemotherapy for cancer. I really thought about her a lot. I can't imagine how strong she must have been for her sweet CJ. CJ is doing really good now and I am sure Lacy is so grateful for every second she has with her son.

Life is short! Live every moment like it is your last!! Family and friends are what matter in this world. It doesn't matter what job you do or how much money you have. I am so grateful for the family and friends who love me and my family!!!!

6 comments:

Kena said...

Love this post! So glad everything is getting better.

Unknown said...

Wow thats the truth! I am thrilled she is feeling better!

Aletha and Brian said...

Oh, poor little girl. Glad she is doing better now!

Dacia said...

I loved reading this post and I'm glad Jaycee is doing better!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Jaycee is home and doing better now. Love you!

LACY said...

Of course I don't mind, you are so sweet! I feel so bad for you. A child in the hospital is the worst! I am so glad Jaycee is doing better now. How stressful that must've been for you guys. And yes, I treasure every moment I couldn't imagine losing CJ. It would just kill me. xo