Friday, September 28, 2007

The Taffetas




Another morning at the gym and I feel so much better already. I could never do it without my friend meeting me there. That makes it so much easier. I thought I'd post some pictures of the play I did this past March. Amy Warby is who I go to the gym with and we met at the Taffetas. She was my little sister in it. I was the oldest sister even though I was the youngest one in real life. Pretty funny. I made some great friends. Amy is the blond one. I am the only one in the show that had a wig that wasn't my actual hair color. No one knew it was me. It was so much fun. I am missing it. When I went out on stage for the first time in 8 years I was overwhelmed with emotion. I felt happy and like that is where I belong. But I have grown up and I am in the real world now. This was me for so long and I have given it up for my family. I don't like to be away from my kids. It is just time consuming. When my kids get older I will probably be able to get on stage more. My daughter Jaycee went to every rehursal and every performance. She loved it so much. You should hear her sing in the shower. She is so adorable. I hope to be able to be in a play with her someday. The kids actually loved me being in the play. Like I said, Jaycee came with me and the boys loved Dad being home with them. Maybe next year. I could never do more than one a year. That is even pushing it for me. It is hard work and lots of time away from your family.

6 comments:

LACY said...

Leish I am so bummed I missed the show, Dana and I were coming and I was ready to go and since I didn't call her that day til we were about to go she didn't think we were going so misunderstanding between us and we were both bummed about it. You look so great, I love the pics!

Marla said...

That looks so fun. I wish I was a performer. I secretly pretend in my mirror sometimes, hah. Don't even laugh at me it was a secret. Anyway now that I have said way too much I loved your last post it was stinkin random and those thought posts are my fav. I don't really know how I did music not even kidding, I think you can link to it from my radio thing at the bottom of my page and then good luck. haha I am such a good friend.

Marla said...

umm you are my friend now so I want to see my name on your page.
Thanks

Malea Ellett said...

Aleisha - You look so cute!!! I love it. I'm am so sad I missed it! When you do your next one, make sure and let us know!

{Annie N.} said...

Aleisha! Yeah your blogging! I love the pictures I wish I could have seen that play! You need to come to our play dates! Love ya,
annie

brandee williams said...

you were wonderful in the play. It was fun seeing you in it. It reminded me of High School and always seeing you in the school plays. OHHH Good Times.