Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Chore Charts!!

I need some ideas!! I have done different things trying to get the kids to do chores and I am never consistant with it. Do any of you have any good ideas on how to make a chart for the kids that is easy to make and use??? I'd love to have some ideas. I just want to teach the kids more responsibility.

2 comments:

Aletha and Brian said...

I look forward to reading your comments on this one, I need some ideas as well!

Hopie said...

Help is here children.... we have chore charts with our kids. Each page is a week and they get paid one dollar for each year they are old, each month (my 9 year old, if she does all the jobs on her chart will get $9. at the end of the month). Tyler's chart, for instance.....
morning jobs: make bed, tidy room, dishes
afternoon jobs: homework, piano, dishes
I have it on a grid type system so they can put a sticker or a check mark when they have completed their jobs. At the end of the month, we deduct the jobs they haven't done and pay them for the rest. We're to the point now that the kids don't even ask to play before their jobs are done. Good luck!!!