Saturday, February 21, 2009

Update

I am still on my no sugar - no carbs diet! I have completed 10 days so far. I've lost 11.5 pounds. This is so great but I have so much further to go. I want to lose 90 more pounds. This diet isn't going to be forever. It will last another 5 weeks or so. It is just a way to jump start my weightloss. My body needed something drastic. Once I get to my goal weight, I'll already have learned how to eat healthy and I'll learn slowly how to have control over my treats.

I want everyone to know that I am sticking to my New Years Resolution to: ''stop complaining about my weight and do something about it! .'' But because my weight is such a big part in my life, I will always have something to say about it. I don't want to say ''Why me?'' Anymore!! I don't want to have an attitude that somehow I got the bad end of the deal because I didn't.... I will grow from this experience during this change and after I'm able to conquer it.

This experience has really opened my eyes to how my relationship is with food. I've known for a while that I am ''addicted'' but not to the extent of the reality. Everywhere I go and everything I do reminds me of food. I am trying now to find out why. What triggers this?? I'm hoping that I am through one of the hardest parts of this diet. I know 10 days isn't a lot to go without sugar but I have NEVER accomplished that before. 1 or 2 days was the longest I have ever gone. This is huge. I go one day at a time and little by little I realize that, I can enjoy a movie or a game night or a get together without the food. I still can have fun!! What's a movie without the popcorn?? Survey says---Fat free--

Different times of the day I struggle. I especially struggle when I get really hungry. If I eat before I am famished then I don't have the thoughts about 'cheating' usually. I'm learning how to cook and be creative. So far, so good.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go!! I have never gone more than a day without something fatty...so kudos to you!!! And I agree coming off my baby I am having a hard time staying focused on my own weight loss I think this struggle is something we all go through in one degree or another. Are you still at Golds working out? If so what time do you go?

Aletha and Brian said...

11.5 lbs. in 10 days?!...That is AWESOME!!!!! I am so proud of you, I know you can do it!!!

*Aliese* said...

I'm with the previous comment. 11 pounds in 10 days?!?! That's absolutely phenomenal. Even more phenomenal: you're doing it the SAFE and HEALTHY way. I definitely admire people who make an effort to lose weight the healthy way (with a GOOD diet and exercise) instead of relying on over-the-counter pills, shots, etc. Way to go! You're definitely doin' awesome.

czstephensfam said...

Aleisha, you are doing AWESOME! I was so proud when I saw you at the movies the other night...a big time munchie problem for me. And there you were, having your berries as my husband leans over to share his Skittles with Jason...SORRY!
Just know you are doing great and I admire your gusto! Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

That is sooo good to hear!!! 11.5 pounds in 10 days is awesome! Good job!!!

Tamalama said...

Yippee! Yay for you! I'm so in your corner! Love ya!