Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Update

Thanks to all of you for the uplifting comments. I loved getting the words of encouragement. It really helped. I am doing really good so far. I have lost 4 pounds. All of it is probably water because I have been drinking tons!!!! The bad part is that I have been sick since Friday. Jason had fever and cough on Thursday and Friday. Then I started feeling chills with a fever and cough. Jason and I just rested all weekend. Luckily our kids were so good to take care of us. They were so good for me all weekend. They would just fix themselves sandwiches or cold cereal. Even my 3 year old just played with his toys all weekend at my feet. I am so grateful to have such good kids. Jake and Jaycee have had slight fever today and yesterday so they have stayed home from school just to make sure they are okay. I am going to have to go for a walk today or something to get my energy level back up. I exercised on Friday before I got sick and will be back on track with the gym in the morning. I am feeling a bit depressed. I am sure it will pass. I need to get out and do something because I have been cooped up in the house all weekend. I think that depresses me along with not being able to eat anything good. What would it be like to be addicted to exercise instead of food? That would be the best.

5 comments:

Becky said...

It is not fun to be sick. My little girl had the flu last Thursday also. Hey, I was reading part of your blog where you talked about not liking to cook. Have you ever heard of freezer meals? They save me from eating out so much. I have been cooking them for about 4 years now. I just double a meal I am making and then freeze one. Then on another night I just have to pull it out and cook it. I usually eat two meals from my freezer a week. If you are interested I could show you what I do. It makes cooking a lot less sressful for me. It is the same thing as Signature Suppers, but a lot less money.

LACY said...

Great job Leish! I get depressed in the nights sometimes. I can't wait for it to get warmer.

Lindsay said...

Sorry about all the sick going around. Seems that kids get everything and pass it on over to the parents.
Just a thought, if feeling a little depressed that you can't eat anything good anymore here is just a suggestion. It was my mom's method and I did it (five years ago) for a 2-month period and lost 11 lbs. [Eat 5 small healthy meals a day, watching suger and calorie intake, but reward self with favorite dessert once a week (mine was ice-cream), and favorite meal once a month (mine was pizza)...then there's something to look forward to and you don't feel like you've lost everything great about food.]

Bundy 6 Pak said...

I say the only thing to do to rid yourself of depression is throw a game night! Play all your fav games (dice, cards, board)and invite as many weight management supporters as possible! Serve vegies and low-cal dip. And laugh your butts off all night!! Ronni always says,"Nothing taste better than being thin." And I think, "she hasn't had an oatmeal choco-chip cookie before"...it's OK to get off track as long as you don't stay off! So you go girl...you go all the way to the gym and pat yourself on the back for it.

Dana said...

You go girl I am so proud of you! We missed you at playgroup hopefully you can come to the next one!