Thursday, January 8, 2009

Going Private still but...

I am still going private but I am just waiting a while so that I make sure everyone lets me know their email addresses... I think the end of January first of February I'll switch over.

Until then, if you haven't left me your email address, please do so.

I haven't been journaling on my blog because of misunderstandings from certain people. When I blog, I don't know how to be any other way then me. Some people have filters in their lives, I don't. I am not sure why I don't but... I just don't. There are things that I keep private like details about my husband and our relationship and my in law relations and all that. I do know my boundaries when it comes to other people. When it comes to me and talking about my personal struggles, I have no filter. I am who I am and I don't know how to be different.

I will have to go into more detail when I am privately blogging to those I trust and those who know me. I asked 4 of my friends that I would give me honest answers. Three of these friends didn't misunderstand any of my writing but one of my friends that I asked did tell me that some things I write make her worried that people won't understand me. I look back at my blog and I STILL don't know what is wrong with my writing. That is the crazy thing. I am not going to lose sleep over it but I also don't want to have people misunderstanding me. It isn't that I care what people think but there may be a few people (I won't tell you who cuz that would be putting out too much personal information and I wouldn't want that now would I?) that may be uncomfortable with everyone knowing how I feel. So here's to my last embarrassing month of posts to the ones who don't want anyone to know that I am not perfect. ha ha ha

(I am not depressed or suicidal for all you who think I am. I love my family and children more than anything in the world. I know that I can live a better life but I have a struggle with putting myself first. I am always thinking of everyone else. I am like many mothers on this earth. I have struggles like everyone else. I just chose to talk about them and not hold them in.)

So, it is a new year. I looked back at my new years goal for 2008 and I was happy to say I accomplished 50% of the goals. I was pretty happy with that. The one I didn't too well with was getting healthy and making dinner 4 times a week. Althought my husband did mention that my dinners did increase over the last year so that is good!!!


Here are my goals for 2009:

Get healthy -FO REALS YO! I'm going to set a goal to lose atleast 50 pounds this year. Maybe that is more realistic than 100?? That is 1 pound a week - 4.3 per month.

Be better at FHE and Scripture Study and Family Prayers. I'll show some improvement this year. It is hard to be the leader but it is IMPORTANT!

Stop complaining about my weight and start doing something about it this includes being more positive too. This is do - able.

Shave my legs more- he he he, You think I'm kidding don't ya????? lol

So, four goals a year seem to be reachable. I think I can get 50% or higher this year right? I'll try for 100% BUT I am only human. This has been a good post. PHEW!! I needed that. I started this post kinda discouraged and ended all excited. hmmmm.

21 comments:

about us said...

Hey there...good to hear from you! For the record, I'm not worried about you....I just think you're being real.

I would love to be invited to your blog...melanietaylor729@hotmail.com

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

here is my email rachellekolb@gmail.com!

Don't forget me!

I love your goals...they sound so SIMILAR to mine! lol!

Hopie said...

You know how I feel about you and the things you have blogged about. I absolutely love you and I am so glad to have got to know you in such a personal way. Hang in there.

hopieclyde@yahoo.com

jeny said...

i dont know if i left my email before.

thanks for being YOU!!

jenymonson@gmail.com

Dacia said...

I think I left my e-mail, but in case I didn't ... daciadoo@gmail.com. I like that you are very open and honest about your feelings. I'm more worried about the people that bury it inside and let it fester.

Lacey said...

Love ya Leisha! You can do your goals!! I'm working on the 50 pound loss right now too!! Lets motivate each other!!

laceyDOTrignellATgmailDOTcom

Stephens 8 said...

I have never once "worried" that you were depressed or crazy...just...normal, like the rest of us, or are the rest of us depressed and crazy??? lol. You can do it this year, I'll be with you as soon as this baby is born.

Drake Family said...

Thanks for being honest Aleisha, that's why we love ya! I bet that felt good to get off your chest. You know, that was the final decision for me on deciding to go private too. My blog is my journal and although I don't put every intimate detail of my life on here, it is still my journal and I don't know if I want to keep sharing that with the world! :) BTW I love your goal of shaving your legs more. That should be one of mine too, but nah! LOL Also, tell Jason that if he wasnts home-cooked meals 7 days a week to move up here. There is no other option! LOL

LACY said...

Don't ya just hate when people misinterpet what you say on the blog. I have never once thought anything bad about what you wrote. We all know what you are going through because some of us have gone through similar things, it's life, it's hard sometimes. I just love ya. More power to you for talking about them! Add me
lacyfranke@yahoo.com

Erica B said...

I love the honesty in your posts. I have a lot of the same insecurities and it nice to know I am not the only one. I think you are an incredible person. I am not sure if you have my email address. it is ericapaige@hotmail.com

Good luck with your goals!

*Aliese* said...

Aleisha--

I don't know you well (I've met you on a few occasions--I'm Amy Warby's sister-in-law and have done a few shows with SGMT and such), but I just thought I'd let you know that I randomly peak at your blog and would still like to randomly peak if you're okay with it (if not, my feelings aren't hurt AT ALL I--I totally understand). I just thought I'd leave you a suggestion that may help with one of your goals (the one about making your own meals more often)! I was the same way until I found this web site: www.supercook.com. It's pretty sweet in that you just type in some random ingredients from your fridge & pantry and it supplies recipes for you. Anyway, just a thought. :)

~Aliese Fry

P.S. If you're okay with me continuing to read your blog, my e-mail address is: lieseymagoo[at]gmail[dot]com

Becky said...

I have not been on blogs for about 3 months. I would love to be added to yours when you go private. I will send you an invitation to mine when I start it again. It will be private also. I have your e-mail. Here is mine ryanbeckythomas@yahoo.com. It looks like Christmas was a lot of fun. Good luck on your goals. I think I only accomplished about 30% of mine last year, so you beat me.
Becky

Nathan and Amy said...

I totally need to shave my legs more often. Lets motivate eachother. :-) It was great to see you on Friday. We should do that more often. Do you have my e-mail? I think you do... but I don't want to miss out so... nabplmwarby@skyviewmail.com
Love, Amy

nyn said...

sending my love Aliesha.
carolyn_gertsch@sbcglobal.net

Hopie said...

Ok, there is only one theatre showing Twilight still, the one behind the mall. If we go again... you'll know!!! We should go together... one last HOORAH until November when #2 comes out!!!

czstephensfam said...

Hey Aleisha! You don't need to start shaving till it gets warm right? That's my philosophy. ;)

Add me to your blog when you go private. zcsteph@msn.com

Rachel Doyle said...

Invite Me - rachelmdoyle@gmail.com

Anyhow- for the record - I personally understand the struggles of being overweight - Those who never have really been there can and will never understand. I have found you to be refreshing and real - often saying things I have never had the courage to say. I really wish I lived closer - because I would ask you to be gym body - because you do get it.

Marla said...

I think you are one of the kindest greatest people I know so let me in please. marlacav@hotmail.com

Maile's said...

hi aleisha,
thats the thing i love the most abt you, is how real you are, dont ever change!
dont forget to invite me:
nisimaile@gmail.com

luv ya xoxo

Lindsay Ann said...

me for sure! lindsaygarns@hotmail.com

Kami said...

add me too! clarkkami@hotmail.com
February 1st baby! Are you in?