Wow, it sure takes a lot of time to upload photos. I have been working all day on my blog and facebook. I am crazy but I LOVE it. I thought I'd do a little journaling since I haven't for a while.
I have approximately 49 days left till I have this baby. (That is if my Dr. is able to start me 2 weeks early), I talked to him about it yesterday and he said definately 1 week early but 2 weeks early will depend on how the baby grows. I have been sent to a specialist to track the growth of the baby. My first appointment is next wednesday. I am happy that they will be doing ultrasounds and non stress tests just to make sure everything is going good. It will definately give me piece of mind.
I have had my official diagnosis of gestational diabetes. This is not a surprise since I have had it will all my kids in the last part of my pregnancy. This is why I have big babies (Kaleb was 9lbs 11oz induced 2 weeks early). This is also why they will be monotoring me more now. It is kind of a pain because I have to check my blood sugar 4 times a day but it is important that I do what is best for the baby. I will still have treats once in a while but I can't go crazy with the sweets and carbs like I have been. One of the things I really miss is cold cereal.
Another bit of bad news I got yesterday at the Dr is that I can only have 2 people in the room while I deliver (including my husband) and they have to be 14 or older. This is because of the swine flu. We really were excited to have our older kids be able to watch their baby brother come into this world but it is just not going to be able to happen. I feel bad because we were all counting on it. Oh well, I already talked to the kids and they are sad but I told them we'd video. I'm going to be so sad to not be able to have my kids come to the hospital AT ALL and meet their baby brother. I know they will be dying to see him. Jason will have to show them some pictures or video while we are there I guess. This will be a first for me having limits at the hospital. I am not sure how visitors will work. Probably only two people to visit at a time but I don't know if I will even be able to have visitors till we get home. It is just going to be so weird. My husband on the other hand is excited to have some time with the baby and just us, without the crowd of family that we usually have. I personally love the visitors but I guess I could look at it in a postive way like Jason is. haha
Jason is still working at Slaters Transfer and Storage. They LOVE him there but who doesn't right? He is doing mechanical work. It has been a blessing to have a job even though it is slow, atleast we have something. He is going to start concentrating on building his own business again once spring hits. We'll see how that all goes. Jason is doing really good though. I just love him so much. I am so proud of how he always takes care of us. I am so grateful for him.
Jake is doing good in school I think... he doesn't bring work home very often for me to really see but I know he is a good student. I hope he continues to do his best. We talk so often about the importance of an education and getting scholarships. He is a smart boy when he applies himself. Jake is just one of the sweetest kids you'd ever know. I really missed him when he went hunting. Jake is taking piano still and he is doing so great! I am so impressed by how well he knows music. I think it has been a really good thing for him. His piano teacher Paul is very impressed with him and his ability to learn the way he does. YEAH! I am so proud.
Jaycee is doing AMAZING in school. She really goes the extra mile in her class. She is very independant. She has a drive to do her best plus more. I have no idea where she gets this quality but it is not from me. She brings home all her work and she always has positive comments on her papers like, "beautiful handwriting" "nice work" great job" She definately has a little attitude coming out. She isn't alway kind to me but I am trying really hard to talk to her in a kind voice and she is just independant. I love that she is independant though. I want her to be able to hold her own. She really is more like her Dad in that way.
Kaleb is LOVING school. I am actually kinda surprised. He is so quiet and shy ar0und people. He talks so quietly. He really looks forward to everyday of school. He has been good to do his homework too. He has been struggling more than I remember the other kids with his sight words and a few things but he is learning quickly. I think the fact that I didn't put him in preschool made him a little more behind. I should have worked with him more but I just didn't. I really regret that. I am working with him now to get him caught up. Kaleb is just such a sweet little guy. He is one of my favorite people to cuddle with (along with Jake and Jaycee of course).
Wow that was long. You must really love my family if you read this whole thing... haha
6 comments:
I love your family! I read the WHOLE thing! ;)
The hospital's policy is 2 people total.... if it's your mom and Jason, those are the ONLY ones at all to see you in the hospital. Not 2 at a time... just 2. :( I have c-sections, think of how bad THAT'S going to suck if those are still the rules when we have another one!!!
Yes, it is a bummer to only have two visitors the entire time you're in the hospital. Rob's brother Todd just had a baby last week and Rob's mom, Susan, was dying not being able to go in and see him! I've thought how sad it would be to not have siblings come and visit....but I guess we do whatever we have to to keep those little babies safe.
Well yes I do really love your family! I'm so glad to hear all is going well. And that they will be monitoring the baby closely, that really always gives such a peace of mind. We love you guys!
Yea -- it totally bites -- but I have some other bad news for you too -- IHC won't allow video of the delivery either. Too many people doing bad things with video etc -- I asked my mom about it -- she's a labor and delivery nurse. Anyhow I'm bummed about the whole thing too - I figured I get visitors because I was finally having a baby where all my family is -- nope!
I do love you all and loved reading the entry. I need to write much more. I finally was able to get online with my laptop tonight. And now I am too tired to post.
Post a Comment