I am so grateful for this blog! Oh how I wish I had journaling like this with the pregnancy and birth of my other children. This is going to be so great for Ethan to have to read in the future. I went in for induction at 38 weeks like I have for all my kids because I have gestational diabetes and I always have big babies. We went in at 6am on December 16th to get everything started. I was VERY nervous. Once we got to Labor and Delivery they got me all hooked up with iv and monitors. They started pitocin and things were on their way. I was at a 3 when I got there and moved pretty fast. I had a epidural and it didn't work at first but then they adjusted the meds and that was GREAT. It makes it so much more enjoyable. Ethan had the cord around his neck because his heartrate dropped every contraction. The nurses won't too concerned about it but it made me scared and I really wanted to get him out. Luckily not too long and Ethan was born at 12:31pm.
This is me right before we went to the hospital
Ethan came out with one easy push and everyone was very surprised at how small he was. It was so unbelievable to me. I did do really good at controlling my blood sugar but he was so small, it didn't seem like one of my babies. I was instantly in love though.
Jason was so great to me, he was rubbing my feet and making me laugh the whole time. I was so glad to have him by my side. It was a great experience to have the birth with just Jason and I. It was really a day I will never forget. 
Jason is such a proud Daddy. He always gets very emotional when it comes to his kids. He has been such a sweet Daddy to Ethan. Ethan is very lucky to have a Daddy who loves him so much. Right after the birth we had a few moments to spend with Ethan and then they took his blood sugar and it was 27. They need it to be 50 or more to not be dangerous. They took him and admitted him to NICU.
4 comments:
I love the picture of you 3, the love in Jason's eyes is AMAZING!!! They show how much he loves you and Ethan!!! Such a miracle. I love it!!!
So glad he is out and doing great! I always ask Tim about the NICU babies when he is on that rotation and it's a miracle all that they can do to keep the babies healthy and alive......you should never have any guilt....Tim would be the first to tell you...... you could have done everything right and still had a baby with issues....but that is due to the fact that we are humans, but nothing to do with our behavior and consequences from it....now if you smoked or drank...then ya, you would feel guilt...but I'm sure you were clean as a whistle! So exciting! I adore new borns! I do not adore all the roller coasters...but it is true that horomones are crazy, so never blame yourself...... I think that the emotional and physical transition of caring, caring for, and recovering from having a baby are so hard. I still feel like I just had a baby and still feel so tired and like I'm falling short, but God does bless you and the needs of your children and others do get met! Good luck and I hope that Ethan continues to grow strong! lots of love,
Cindy
It so great that you have written this all down. I wish I would've done that with all of you! Fun to read it even if you already told me! Glad he is here and home now!
I am going crazy! I want to love on him!
Post a Comment