
Today I went to the funeral of Jason's Great Uncle Mervyn. What an amazing man he is. He lived a life of service and giving. He has 12 kids and they all said a few words about their Dad. I couldn't believe with all those kids. He made time for each of them individually for one on one time. He was an inspiration to so many people. I was filled with emotion and gratitude that I knew Mervyn. Jason really got to know him the past year. He was such a great friend to Jason while we were going through our tough times. He was such a positive influence to Jason. He knew just what to say to encourage Jason to keep on going. Jason would come home many times after a day of work at Mervyn's house and would tell me about the conversations he had with Mervyn had that day. Mervyn would always take time to talk with Jason and give him advise and encouragement.
It just really makes you realize how short life is. I am inspired today to live my life the best I can everyday. I want to serve the Lord and work hard. I want to share my feelings with my children and friends and family. I want to share my testimony with all that I know. I do have a great testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. I know it is the only true church on this earth. I know that we will be with Uncle Mervyn again along with other family members who have past on. I am so grateful for the members and their constant love they show me and my family. I am thankful to have a Father in Heaven that loves me and listens to me. I am thankful for Joseph Smith and all the prophets of our church who have served and made sacrifices so we can know the truth.
I am kinda getting emotional on this post but I realize how important it is to share my testimony with others. I want to be a better example to my children and friends. I love my family. Jason and my kids are my world. I feel so lucky to have such great parents. They are always showing their love for me in so many ways. Watching Mervyn's kids talk about their Dad reminded me of my Dad and how close I am with him. I am thankful for that. I love being in a family who are not scared or weirded out by saying, "I love you". I think it is so important.
Thank you Uncle Mervyn for your example and for your inspiration to so many people.
2 comments:
What a nice contribute to Uncle Mervyn. It really does help remind us of what really matters in this life.
Leish thanks for sharing. I didn't know he was your uncle in law. I couldn't believe it when I read his obituary in the paper. What a great example.
Post a Comment