Friday, August 15, 2008

Family update....


I just felt like blogging tonight. Nothing special has happened but I can't sleep so here goes....
I am really happy with the kids school so far. I am feeling really good about the school choice I made.
_________
Jake comes home with a smile on his face everyday. Any of you that know Jake, know this is a great thing. He has hated school from day 1 of kindergarten. I have had to take this boy to school and leave him crying so many times. I end up crying right along with him. It is so great to know that he is happy. It is the best feeling. I hope he continues on this path. He is doing so good. I am so proud of him. He says he sits by a boy who needs his help and I think that makes Jake feel good that he is smart enough to help somebody. Another fun thing is in the play I am doing "The Secret Garden" there is a boy who plays Colin in it. This boy is in Jake's same class at Heritage. Jake thought that was really cool. Jake is taking piano lessons also. The teacher is so impressed with him. He is picking up on his playing so quickly. He just makes me proud. He is really growing up. He is so respectful and obedient. I am so lucky to have such a responsible boy.
_________
Jaycee is loving school too. She always has. She is a little social bug like her Mother. She is so cute and sweet. She really has a tender spirit about her. She never gives me fits or anything. Jaycee does like to pick out her clothes and do her own hair and I usually let her until school started. Now I have to approve it and do her hair (she can still choose how she'd like it done most of the time). We got in the car this morning to go to school and I could smell my purfume so strong. Jaycee finally confessed to spraying in her hair. I'm like..... "how many squirts did you use???" Hopefully her teacher didn't have an allergic reaction. ha ha ha. Jaycee is so sweet to her little brother, Kaleb. Everyday after school she asks Bubba what he did while she was at school. Then she gives him hugs and kisses. Tonight Jaycee went to my play practice. She was so fun to have there. She just sits and watches. I love to have her there. She went to Pine Valley with Grandma Kenworthy to have a sleep over tonight. She was so excited. I am so lucky to have a little girl like her.
_______
Kaleb has been so much fun while the kids are in school. I thought for sure he'd be so bored. He hasn't been at all. He is really good to entertain himself. He will get a toy and just pretend and play all by himself for hours. It is awesome. I haven't even turned on the TV for him very much at all. I love to see him pretending with his cars and little guys. He is so fun to take to the dollar store too. The other day he got mini skeletons. He has enjoyed those little things so much. I asked him if he is sad when the kids go to school and he said, "No, cuz then I can play with Jake's toys." Shhhhhhhh don't tell Jake. ha ha ha We love to cuddle and do puzzles, play and have lunch together. He is a joy to me. It has been really fun to have him all to myself. Kaleb is a fun little guy. He is very sensitive to my feelings. He is so lovey and always hugs and kisses me. He HATES it when I get upset at him. He cries and gets so hurt. I am blessed.
_________
Jason is still plugging along. He is always working. Jason really is amazing. He took apart my car motor and fixed my car. He thinks this is normal but it isn't. Not just anyone can take apart a motor and just fix it and put it together!!! He is so amazing with the talents he has been given. He can fix anything. He is such a hard worker. I went and mowed lawns with him the other day and I about died. Do you know how hard it is to labor in the 106 degree weather??? I was mowing and felt like I was going to pass out. It was crazy. It made me have a deeper appreciation for what he does. It makes me understand why he is so tired when he gets home. He has helped me out with the kids so much since I started the play. The kids love having him around more. I got double casted so that it wouldn't be so hard on Jason. It is a huge commitment. Not many people can handle their spouse doing plays. It is really a lot of time away in the evenings. Jason is working for his Dad and doing some lawn accounts on the side. I hope someday Jason will be happy. I haven't seen Jason happy for a long time. It makes me sad. I do love him so much. I hope I show it enough to him. I will be so happy the day I see Jason happy with his life and smiling and laughing. That will be a great day.
_______
You all pretty much know how I am. I went to the doctor the other day for a annual checkup and I told the nurse that I wish my weight numbers were as good as my blood pressure numbers. She said something to me that stuck with me. She said, "I've learned that we just need to chose to be happy with who we are." This really stuck with me. I may have not been blessed with a perfect body but I look at the wonderful kids I have. I am blessed to have the parents and brothers and sisters I have to support me daily. I look at the testimony I have of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints. I appreciate the relationship I have with my Heavenly Father. I was sent here to live a life of service and happiness. I need to do the best I can to live up to my potential. I need to be happy with the life I have been given. I need to appreciate the trials I have been given. I need to wake up everyday and do my best. I need to get my exercise and eat the best I can and not be so hard on myself. I need to focus on today and not worry about tomorrow. I need to fulfill myself in ways that make food take a back burner on my priority list. Hmmmm. Maybe this is why I needed to write tonight. I need a direction. I need inspiration. I need support and love. This blog is like therapy for me. I have always been one who journals. When I look back in my journals, most of the time I am complaining. I do complain here also but not ALL THE TIME. It is good to see the good in your life and write it down and appreciate it.
____________
Thank you to any of you who really read through this awfully long post. I really just couldn't stop myself. I am inspired right now. I can't help it. I love to blog. It has been such a great thing for me.


9 comments:

JACKIE said...

Hey Aleisha,
I think you are amazing! I love you and keep thinking positive!

Tamalama said...

I just love you! Blogging isn't only the right medicine for you, but reading your blog is the right medicine for me! Thanks for reminding me what is important:-)

Anonymous said...

Wow....you sure did perk me up! I have not been very positive for the past week, so this helped! Just wanted to say your kids look so cute and WAY too grown up.

Drake Family said...

Aleisha,

Hey! It has been forever since I have been on my blog..or yours for that matter. Maybe when I have my computer at the house it will be easy for me to get back into it. Anyway, I just have to let you know how much I love your honesty and your post. So true about rememebering who we really are and what really matters. It is hard to always remember that though, partly because of the world we live in. BTW I finally met your sister. Turns out her son Taylor and Jagger are in the same class at school. Go figure. LOL

Lacey said...

You are a great person....thanks for all the insight. I really needed. Your an amazing mother, wife, and friend. Thanks for all your thoughts!

Aletha and Brian said...

You are such a sweet person, and one of the BEST MOMs I know!... your kids sure are lucky!!! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Aleisha,
You are so cute and so much fun to talk to. It was so good to visit with you at the parent orientation the other night. You are always so positive and you always see the good in life. I really need to hang around you more and take some lessons.:) You are awesome!!

Nathan and Amy said...

Hey! Loved the post. Thank you... It made my day! :-) I just thought I would let you know that my nephew is in Jacee's class. Cool huh! His name is Corwin.

Nathan and Amy said...

Oops, I spelt Jaycee wrong.