Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Weightloss - hello?

I started a weightloss program a couple weeks ago. I actually started a weightloss blog for myself that I don't even dare to give the blog address to anyone. I am so blunt and honest about all the aspects in my life that are a little too private for all to know. I wish I could share it and get encouragement and advise but I am too chicken..

I am reading back all my entries in my weightloss blog and EVERY SINGLE DAY I am sabatoging myself. I will go all day eating perfect and then it is late and I eat and ruin it. For no reason I chose to eat. I have lost 6 pounds so far but if I was good all the time I could have doubled that easily. I have lost this same 10 pounds 5 times over since January. I really would like to lose weight but I don't want to give up food.... So I guess I don't want it that bad. If that is the case, why don't I want it? What can I do to find the motivation? How can I find the will to want it? I know I can do anything I put my mind to. I just have to figure out how to get my mind there.

Please anyone out there? What is wrong with me? I just feel so lonely without food.

12 comments:

Stephens 8 said...

I think six pounds is so great! Late at night kills me too. It's like I am rewarding my self after the kids are in bed. Maybe if you did give us all the address to your weightloss blog you would feel accountable to not let us all down? Then you would resist eating during the lonely times.
Also, I hope this doesn't sound preachy but, I firmly beleive in the power of prayer, pray in the morning and let Father in Heaven know what your goals are for the day. Even the weight loss goals. Be specific, He loves you so much, He wants you to be happy, that is why you are here with a body. Then after the kids are all in bed find a closet or the bathroom or your bedroom if your husband isn't in there and report back to Heavenly Father about your day and how it went, ask Him to bless you with the strength to withstand temptation. I know this will help, with faith and determination those pounds have got to just fly off! Also pray when you are feeling the most lonely, only the advesary wants you to feel down and sad.
I think you are wonderful Aleisha, you can do this! I am really excited to see you in the play and catch up with you and your sister! Love ya! Jamie

Rachel Doyle said...

Hang in there!!! 6 pounds is really good -- it's only healthy to lose 1-2 pounds a week -- so don't stress out. Before I had my baby I worked in as mental health therapist working with drug addicts -- well food addiction is a lot like drug addiction - we often use it to mask feelings that we aren't ready to deal with etc. Something that you might look into is the 12 step program. Sounds weird, but I have known other therapists who work with eating disorders that use it with patients and have great success. You learn a lot about yourself - most people think its just for alcohol and drug addicts, but the 12 step program is for everyone -- I have used it myself. It's very eye opening and can it can be scary at times to be so honest with yourself, but I know that if you try it - you'll see things in your life change - not just your weight and self esteem.

Your Friend in the Battle --Rachel

Smunkee Mama said...

You are not alone Aleisha!! I can relate to the night time eating. That is my struggle as far as food goes...oh and I love chocolate, but who doesn't!? ;) I have to be careful not to eat after 8, which is hard especially in the summer. I am hypothyroid also and I found out when I had my big weight gain about 6 years ago. Have you ever checked to see if you might have this or if it is due to hormones and not just food? My doctor even said, "you don't have anything wrong with you, you just need to not eat late at night and make sure you exercise." Well, she felt really stupid when my blood work came back and I had a really bad thyroid imbalance which caused my massive weight gain.
Good luck with everything. There are so many of us out there fighting the same battle! Love ya Leish!!!

Aleisha said...

I just want you all to know that I did sooooo good today. I haven't ate since 6:oo pm. I am so proud of myself. One day at a time..... Thanks for all the good input.

Anonymous said...

Aleisha,
You are doing great! I think six pounds is awesome. The weight is starting to come off right? You went quite a few weeks with nothing so this is great! Just keep it up! You are not going to be perfect. I'm sure every now and then you will have a treat like most other people. You are wonderful and we all love you!

Drake Family said...

Aleisha,
You should be celebrating! At least I know that I would if I lost 6 pounds. It is better than a 6 pound gain, which is what I feel like lately. Unfortunately weight doesn't seem to come off as quickly as we all would like, so celebrate each step towards reaching your goal. I have heard that it is good to set small goals and then reward yourself for each goal you reach along the way. Keep up the good work.
BTW I think your private weightloss blog is a great thing. It could give some accountability, but I am like you and don't think I would give out the address either! :) It will give you a place to vent and be COMPLETELY honest without the fear of someone reading your inner most thoughts. Keep up the good work!

Nathan and Amy said...

Hello my beautiful friend. I think you are perfect the way you are. You are so beautiful and so talented. I know you want to loose the weight, and I know you keep trying, and I know you think that it will make everything perfect if you were just skinny. But I wish you could see you through my eyes. You are amazing!! A wonderful mother to your children, a fantastic actress and singer, a loving and devoted wife to your husband, etc. etc. I could go on and on!! However... I do think that if this is what you want, then you should not quit! Of course you are going to give in sometimes. None of us are perfect! We all have weaknesses. But you shouldn't let one mistake discourage you or stress you out. Stress is a cause of weight gain also. :-) One day at a time. That is always the best way to think of it. One day isn't so bad. You can do it!!! I love you tons and will cheer you on!! Love, Amy

Schimmy said...

I hope you know you are not alone. I too have a problem with late night eating, especially when I am in front of my computer. Stick with the Isagenix program, I promise you it does work. I will help you to feel so much better every day.

Aletha and Brian said...

You have so many people who love you so much and are supporting you. I hope you always remember that. You are such a beautiful person, inside & out. Love you!

Tim and Cindy Larsen said...

For me, controlling my weight is a big deal. Both of my moms sisters have died and both of them had horrible health due to their weight loss. I have to constantly work hard each day. I have counted calories for the last 4 years. I love the book (Losing it, and LDS guide to healthy weight loss) it taught me so much. I wanted to find a way to eat and exercise that would be permanent. New habits for the rest of my life that I could always do. This book educated me so much that I gained power to withold temptations and have trained my body to reach for almonds or just a piece of bread instead of wothless calories. I also got rid of a lot of things in my house so they wouldn't be an option to eat. I always give myself realistic goals and do it every day. I have genes like my aunts and plateau and so I mix things up. If your honey had money, I'd find a trainer and that will really help, but even without one, you will see great results when you just try to burn 250 calories and eat 250 calories less a day (so you eat around 17-1900 total) That book really opened my eyes and has been one of my favorite resources to go to over the last 4 years. Every woman feels what you feel and it comes at the expense of having children and no time. But if this is a priority to you, it will become so easy to avoid treats... I know because I don't even care for it anymore! Ok, lots of love, Cindy lou

Vanes said...

I think it's crazy in the summer - everything gets messed up! Your routine is way out of wack - give it a while to get back into a routine. Don't be SO hard on yourself, you're doing GREAT! 6 pounds is wonderful! You can do it!!

Vanes said...

Also, when Mike gets home from PA with all our stuff... I have an old camera - we just bought a new one. I'd love for you to have my old one!! It's not the fanciest, but it's better then not having one at all!! :)