Monday, November 3, 2008

Church History tour 2

I thought I'd post some pics from the bus ride. It was so much fun to hang out with Jason's family. We all rode in the back of the bus and laughed, slept, ate and visited. It really was a great time.

The people who were in charge of the tour did a great job. I was especially thankful for all the wonderful stories they told us about Joseph Smith. I enjoyed listening to so many testimonies. I loved spending this time with my husband. He and I grew together from this experience.
We had to wear these name tags or we had to "sing" a song in the front of the bus. We also had to sing a solo on the bus if we were the last ones on or late.... We never were but they did make me sing once out of the hymn book before the sacred grove.

Sara, Trevor and Kasey

Nick, Kent, Ronalee and Kena

We went to the homesite of Joseph and Emma Smith. The house isn't there anymore but it was cool to see where the house was. Across the street was Emma's family farm and down the road was a cemetary when her parents and one of their children were buried.
I thought it was neat that they had the actual gravestone put into a newer gravestone so we could see the original on the backside.

Here we are at the Susquahanna River. I don't know how to spell it but it was so cool. The spirit was so strong there. The tour lady had all the men go to one side and sing a song because we were at the exact place where the priesthood was restored. It was really special.
Kent, Jason, Kasey, Nick
Grandpa shared his testimony of the Priesthood. Grandma, Holly and Jill also shared their testimonies of the Priesthood and how it has blessed their lives. There was an amazing spirit there. Jason and I really enjoyed this stop.

5 comments:

AnnDee said...

How fun. I really think Church history tours are so great! It just makes you grateful for all we have today -- even when getting a new president and government seems scary! thanks for your thoughts. They made me think!

Drake Family said...

What a great experience!

Drake Family said...

I totally forgot to ask you earlier...how did the class Halloween party turn out? I remember you being stressed about it.

Jenny said...

What a neat experience for you all to have together as extended family. Someday I would love to go there! Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures....better get scrapping!;)

Julie said...

Aleisha--thanks for sharing...I could even feel the spirit just reading about your experience. It sounds like you truly had a wonderful time. I'm so glad you were able to go back and have that time with Jason. What an incredible memory to have!