Thursday, July 17, 2008

I auditioned!!!



Some of you knew I was auditioning for Secret Garden but I haven't told anyone that I got the part of Martha. I am really excited and nervous too. I did the part of Lily in High School and Martha seems like a fun challenge so that is what I went for. I asked to be double casted so it won't be quite as hard on my family so that is what they did. The show opens on September 18th and closes on October 11. I will post more about it when it gets closer. The cast is AMAZING. I couldn't believe how many good singers and actors there were. My Mom, who is directing, said it was the hardest show to cast because everyone was so good.
__________________________________________________________________
Jaycee and I have been watching the video of Dixie High's production of Secret Garden in 1994 when I was Lily. I am just sick when I see how skinny I used to be. How could I let myself gain 100 pounds??? I sure wish I could go back and take care of it when I had only gained 10 pounds or so. Usually bigger people get bugged when smaller girls want to lose some weight to get back to how they feel good, but not me. I am always saying, "Do it now, before it becomes 100 pounds you have to lose!!" My kids see the video of the play I did in High School and say that it doesn't even look like me. I'm saying to them, " It is me, I promise! I used to be somewhat attractive." lol
__________________________________________________________________

Also, thanks to all of you who posted a memory. I LOVED READING THEM!!! It really made my day. If you haven't commented on my memory post..... it still isn't too late. he he he I have still been going to the gym everyday but I still haven't lost any weight darn it. I am thinking about Isagenix seriously, when I can get the money to do it.


Love you all!

10 comments:

Stephens 8 said...

Yay! So how can we get tickets and make sure we are there on a night that you are playing? We will be in St. George for a week, when ever you say, but let us know so Kevin get's the time off. Why don't you e-mail me your phone# so we can plan, we just have to get together with you and Annalee while we are there.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Aleisha!!! I can't wait to come see you in the play. You will be awesome!!

Dacia said...

i'd love to come see you perform! matt isn't exactly fond of the theater so maybe i'll have to go with annalee. congrats!

Maile's said...

BOOYAH! good job aleisha! i will be there!!! congrats, know that we are all 100% behind you! Go Martha!

p.s. text me, my friend bought some isagenix and doesnt want it and will sell it for a discount.
luv ya!

Drake Family said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so awesome for you...hope I can make it to see you in action.

Tyler & Macy Kennett said...

I am going to have to go! How fun. Good job.

{Annie N.} said...

I'll be at this play with bells on! Can't wait to see you in it!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I'm so glad you stole that picture off of my blog...I probably have more from all the plays that you were in with Rance! lol! I'm glad you tried out for the Secret Garden play...I loved that Play...I can't wait to hear more about it! Good job Aleisha!

So good to find and see your blog!

I'm jealous with the girls night...But it looks like tons of fun! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Aleisha!! We will definetly have to come and see you. You will do great!!

Dana said...

I am so proud of you, I can't wait to see you in action!